Sophomore Supply List

Sophomore Supply List

by Belladonna LaVeau -
Number of replies: 0
Have these in hand by February 1st.

Books:
The Sevenfold Journey - by Anodea Judith & Selene Vega ISBN 0-89594-574-6
Astrology: Understanding the Birth Chart - by Kevin Burk ISBN 1-56718-088-4

A copy of your natal chart - This can be acquired for free at astrology.net or many of the other astrology websites. You must have your date, time and place of birth to have an accurate birth chart that you will be able to use during the course.

Chakra Therapy Eyeglasses - We have a special set of Chakra Glasses for this class that equals in price what one pair of Chakra glasses would cost you at a store. Or you can purchase any variety of styles found on the internet, or in stores.

Required Supplies that can be purchased as we progress: 

Crystals - 

Root - Red Tiger's Eye, Ruby, Garnet, Smokey Quartz, Hematite
Sacral - Coral, Carnelian, Red Jasper, Citrine, Black Tourmaline
Will - Citrine, Amber, Topaz, Gold Tiger's Eye, Pyrite
Heart - Aventurine, Emerald, Kyanite, Malachite, Blood Stone, Aquamarine, Rose Quartz
Throat - Lapis Lazuli, Turquois, Blue Lace Agate, Sodolite
Third-Eye - Lapis Lazuli, Amethyst, Iolite, Lepidolite, Blue Agate
Crown - Amethyst, Quartz, White Lace Agate

Altar Supplies:

You will need to erect and maintain a different altar for each season of the wheel. These altars will be based on the following colors, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet or white. You will need altar cloths, colored candles, and other items as necessary for your altars. It's not necessary to go out and purchase new altar cloths, you may find use what you already have, but start looking for where you want to put this personal altar. You're going to be asked to do a daily invocation in the morning, so you may want to put it somewhere you know you will be early in the day.

Suggested Supplies:

A copy of the "Wheel of WISE". I've given you a copy at the top of the page.

Books: 

You may want to do more research on crystals. I recommend "Love is in the Earth” by Melody ISBN O-9628190-3-4, but you may find another book to your liking. I do not recommend Cunningham's book on crystals. He was a great herbalist, but he was not a geologist.

Any reference books on mythology will help you research and learn more about the different deities we will be working with. I recommend: "Metamorphosis” by Ovid. It's the accepted standard of the original Greek and Roman writings. I find many clues in this book that are missed in the books that are retelling the story. Other books that I have found useful are "Edith Hamilton's Mythology", and Robert Graves, "The Greek Myths". Mythic Astrology” by Guttman and Johnson is also a great book, and will help you both during your Sophomore and Junior year. Mythological encyclopedia's are usually to generalized to be very helpful. 

Other books on the planets, both astrologically, and astronomically are helpful, but again, not required. It really just depends on how much personal research you want to do. 

Chakra Support:

Oils, and Sprays - WISE has developed some Chakra oils and sprays that clear and open the chakras. These are great for annointing yourself every morning when you do your daily invocation, because they keep the energy with you, and it's invisible protection.

A wide variety of supplies are available that deal with color therapy, such as chakra baths, colored and scented candles, different colored light bulbs, etc. All these are helpful, as is wearing the color to which you are attuning. All these methods are helpful additions to the basics of Chakra glasses, and oils. Purchase these tools in addition to, not in place of the other methods recommended.