Site news

Welcome to the Summer Session

Welcome to the Summer Session

by Belladonna LaVeau -
Number of replies: 0

Welcome to the Summer Session! Be sure that your registration is all taken care of, and you're ready to go. You should be able to get in class today. Please check the website and make sure you are enrolled in the right classes. http://WiccanSeminary.EDU, and http://WiccanSeminary US Those of you, who have already turned in assignments that are not graded will see grades coming in this week. Techno has given me the go ahead to put grades in from assignments that were turned in on the old site. A few rules for class in Second Life. Remember that in Second Life you are in a room filled with people, just like in real life. There may be as many as 40 people in a class or ritual space. Your discussion and interaction is requested. You are not required to attend these classes to pass the course. We do find it very helpful to attend, and develops the necessary relationships, social skills, and leadership qualities that are utilized in the future year courses. With this in mind: Please keep chatter to a minimum. Please do not multitask while in class Please Do monitor the chat. Utilize private IM to make side comments to your friends. Please wear your school uniforms and tag Alumni are welcome to attend class, as always; please leave seats for the Freshman. If you are late, please enter class quietly. If class has started, please say your welcome's in private chat, as to not interrupt the class Keep questions on topic. Hold your questions until the teacher asks for them, or direct them to the Teaching Assistant in Private IM Direct your questions to the TA in Private IM, if they are unrelated to the current subject matter Direct all questions regarding technology issues, or curriculum issues to the TA in Private IM The TA is there to help you with everything you need, that is not class related. Remember, this is a fast moving, college level course. Pay attention as to not miss important details. I recommend you log on to secondlife often, to volunteer your time to service, come to devotionals, events and rituals, and enjoy the rich Wiccan culture that exists on the land. Remember that the students of Wiccan Seminary and members of Sacred Cauldron have built this school from the vision of the Goddess to their own imagination, and we have provided a rich supply of resources to help you learn. Enjoy and join in the creative learning. Wicca 101/2/3 starts tomorrow. I am so excited to get to work with all the new students, and get to know you personally. Please make sure you friend me, and I will look through your stories in Orientation class, to familiarize myself with you. See you tomorrow! smile Bella